Last night ended another Surrendering the Secret study with five beautiful, brave women. Our last night together we celebrate the victory with a meal, basking in our newfound freedom, reflecting on the sweet memories of surrendering the hurt, the heartache, the shame and the babies into the loving hands of Jesus.Each flower represents a baby, finally acknowledged and named.
As we planned our celebration meal, a couple of the girls offered to help out by bringing things. When one of the girls offered to bring a salad, apparently, I questioned her salad making ability! In my defense, when I plan this particular meal, I want it to be extra special, over the top, like no iceberg lettuce for these girls! She answered yes, she could make a “fancy” salad for our meal. I didn’t think anything else about it. When I sent out a reminder that we would be meeting a little earlier that night and that I was looking forward to seeing everybody, this sweet sister responded that she too was looking forward to it and would be here with her “fancy” salad. I am not sure, but I think she might have been laughing as she typed it! Anyway, she gets here and starts tossing her salad…and oh my goodness! It was de-li-cious!!! She had roasted figs, toasted almonds, added lavender (now don’t be dumping any old lavender in your salad, this was culinary lavender that she had gotten at a lavender festival) to the dressing! Heavenly!!
- It was the perfect pairing with a recipe that I had been dying to try, Spaghetti in Garlic Gravy with Herbs and Lemon Marinated Chicken and Cherry Tomatoes. Garlic Gravy!!! Are you kidding me! Which I doubled, and I also doubled the chicken! How could that not work! It did! It was a perfect meal, finished out with a beautiful lemon pie! So without further adieu.
- Fancy Salad
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 3 TBS lemon curd
- 2 TBS honey
- 1 TBS Balsamic vinegar
- 1 TSP culinary lavendar
- 1 TSP dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- Equal parts spinach and romaine lettuce
- Toasted pecans
- Figs, halved and roasted in skillet in butter
- Pears, peeled and sliced thin
In case you are a techy type person…I have no idea why those little boxes are on the left. This little post sat on my desk…waiting for me to try and take them off…but you know what…I’m over it! So there!